On Day 3 of the cleanse, still going strong. I really don’t feel different than I normally do, although my mind does seem to be a bit more clear. Here’s what I had for dinner last night:
- Juice (Celery, Romaine, Apple, Carrot)
- 1 large steamed artichoke
- Kelp Noodles with sauteed asparagus, onion, and mushrooms in a tomato sauce
- Mixed greens with lemon juice and a bit of olive oil
Breakfast Day 3
I picked up some more vegetables for my juice, this time exclusively from Trader Joes. Definitely the cheapest way to get organic produce
- Juice: 3 organic romaine hearts, 1 large organic cucumber, 10 organic carrots – this produced a TON of juice and will probably last me through the day
- Green smoothie: 1 frozen banana, 1/4 cup frozen pineapple, 1/4 cup frozen mixed berries, 1/2 tablespoon spirulina, 1/4 cup frozen spinach, filtered water. Suprisingly delicious.
I’m not going to have time to grab lunch today so I made a big salad in advance. It’s got mixed baby greens from the farmers market, organic sugar plum tomatoes from trader joes, and then I steamed a zucchini, shitake mushrooms, and broccoli, to put on top. The combination of raw and steamed vegetables in a salad gives it a nice texture, and it’s always better to slightly cook those particular vegetables.