Day 4 and I have more energy than I’ve had in a long time, probably not since I originally switched to a plant-based diet. I finally got wise today and made a huge pot of vegetable soup that should tide me over for the next couple days. I went to Trader Joe’s and tried to take as many shortcuts as possible for making it, and it turned out pretty darn good. Here’s what I did:
- 1 box low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cans no salt added diced tomatoes
- 30 oz water
- 1 carton Trader Joe’s pre-cut onions, shallots, and garlic
- 2 leeks, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 4 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 bag sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 bag baby spinach
- 1/2 carton pea shoots
- 1 carton Italian parsley
- no-salt seasoning (I used Dragunara Slim Spice)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Sauté the onion mixture and leeks in about 1/4 cup of broth for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the broth, tomatoes, water, sweet potatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, and seasoning.
- Cover and simmer on medium-low for 40 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and add pea shoots, parsley (chopped) and spinach
- Serve immediately
Breakfast: Juice with Carrots, Romaine, Endive, and Pear. Ate 1 whole Canteloupe
Mid-Morning Snack: Half bag of organic baby carrots, half a box of cherries
Lunch: Juice with Romaine, Kale, Red Pepper, Cucumber, Celery, Carrots, Ginger, and Apple, and a big salad with kale, arugula, spinach, cauliflower, and tomato.
Afternoon Snack: 3 tangerines, 1 banana, 1 apple, and my Green Lemonade.
Dinner: Smoothie with frozen mango, strawberries, 1 date, maca powder, and spinach. 3 bowls of my vegetable soup.