The work week is over and I’ve gotten through this cleanse pretty easily with 2 more days to go. Aside from being hungry often because of the lack of dense foods like beans and nuts (Gretchen pointed this out too), I’ve really been enjoying doing this. My energy levels have been even higher than usual and I’ve felt especially clear-headed. I forgot to mention I did a hard 1 hour weight workout on Thursday and felt strong the whole time. It went a long way towards proving to me that I don’t need all the excess protein in my diet to be able to exercise effectively. Here’s my log from yesterday:
- Breakfast: Smoothie with water, 1 banana, frozen mango, frozen mixed berries, 1 tbsp maca powder, 8 oz of spinach.
- Mid-Morning Snack – Box of pre-cut mango from Trader Joe’s, 1 bartlett pear
- Lunch – The usual juice with a whole bunch of veggies, apple, and ginger, along with a giant salad with lemon juice as a dressing. Also 1 plate of fruit salad with mango, red grapes, tangerines, cantaloupes, and honeydew.
- Afternoon Snack – Small bag of celery and carrot sticks, my usual Green Lemonade, and 3 satsuma tangerines.
- Dinner – Went out with my wife to one of our favorite restaurants, Fritto Misto in Santa Monica. I had a small bowl of my vegetable soup at home from the night before to tide me over until the salad arrived. I didn’t want to be tempted by their bread. Fritto Misto is a wonderful little trattoria on 6th and Colorado and is actually a fantastic place for plant-based eaters. They have a “create your own pasta” section and you can substitute pasta for steamed vegetables. You can even add additional veggies as toppings. Here’s what I ordered:
Tomorrow I’ve got a CrossFit workout in the morning. I’ve never really done one before besides the intro class I did with my friends last week, so it should be interesting.