I wasn’t really feeling like having the usual shake or oatmeal with fruit this morning, and I remembered that one of my fellow challenge participants had mentioned that she sometimes makes oatmeal with spinach, so I decided to give it a whirl. I’d done it once before and it was pretty good, but I didn’t have any fresh spinach in my fridge. So here’s what I did, and it was pretty darn good:
- Handful of frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup of pre-cooked steel-cut oatmeal (cooled in the fridge)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds
- Dash of dulse flakes
- Dash of Benson’s Table Tasty (or other salt-free seasoning)
- Add spinach and oatmeal to a deep bowl and microwave for 1 minute 15 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, hemp seeds, dulse flakes, and seasoning.
I’m sure there are plenty of other ways to make savory oatmeal. Does anyone have any other good recipes to share?